Thursday, January 10, 2008

Forward ho

I still can't figure out the bits of the POW novel that are hanging me up. So, time to wait for it to settle out on its own. I was working on fanfic, but as I'm stuck on one lousy all-important scene there too, I switched over to editing the final draft of DTD. Self-imposed deadline for completion is Feb 14th, the day I finished the first draft. A month should be plenty of time, as long as I work diligently every night. Finished chapter 1 tonight. 1554 words eliminated. Moved up the murder and changed the circumstances slightly. Added in some conversation I need for later. I'm pleased with how it's reading, and naturally, I'm already chafing to get to Chapter 4, and Reisher.... Me and my men.

2 comments:

Rachel Kovaciny said...

naturally, I'm already chafing to get to Chapter 4, and Reisher....

But it's Reisher! Who wouldn't be anxious to get to him?

Mom accused me the other day of lopping off the first dozen chapters of Josey just so I could get to Pike sooner.

DKoren said...

Okay, that is too funny about your mom! But, hello! Richard! All that lovely Richard-ness gone... :-(