Friday, December 22, 2006

Plans

So, today I cleared the nano-chart off my whiteboard (where I kept track of daily word totals) and wrote down the writing projects I want to finish instead. Helps to look at their titles every time I walk into the kitchen. They're running constantly around in my head, but this gives me focus, and I can give them deadlines and keep track of progress.

Since nano, I've been mostly reading. Reading reading reading. Three novels down, working on a fourth now, a bunch of short stories, some biographical non-fiction. And, as usual, with so many words floating around in it, my brain is coming up with new stuff. And, as usual, the new stuff is little bits and images, a bunch of unconnected bubbles floating around, waiting for the links that will turn them into stories.

1 comment:

Rachel Kovaciny said...

And, as usual, with so many words floating around in it, my brain is coming up with new stuff.

Aha! The ol' reservoir's starting to overflow, eh? Love it when that happens. Been refilling my own steadily this last week too... maybe that's why "Ashes, Ashes" has gotten off to such a good start for me?

And, as usual, the new stuff is little bits and images, a bunch of unconnected bubbles floating around, waiting for the links that will turn them into stories.

Aha! So you've got bubbles that need links, eh? Whereas mine are more like a statue I'm making out of clay, little bits getting added to the larger whole as I find each new piece.